In Spain some regional laws regulate outdoor lighting:
- In Tenerife in 1988 a legislation the for protection of astronomical observatories (PDF, spanish) was developed
- In Catalunya an open and independent citizens’ association CELFOSC promoted in cooperation with some other institutions in 2001 a regional legislation against light pollution. More information in catalan and in spanish are available.
- Navarra enforced in 2005 a regulation for the protection of the nightscape
- Cantabria followed in 2006 with an own regulation for the protection of the night sky
- Andalusia approved the Law 7/2007 in 2007, bearing the title “Gestión Integrada de la Calidad Ambiental” ( “Integrated Management of Environmental Quality”). This law comprises, modifies and enlarges all previous Andalusian legislation on environmental management. In cooperation with LoNNe the Regional Government of Andalusia elaborated a declaration on blue-rich white light sources.
- A declaration for good lighting exists further in Murcia and in Valencia for the protection of the National Park Albufera
(Boletin Oficial: Anuncio del Excelentísimo Ayuntamiento de Valencia relativo a la Ordenanza para la Protección Lumínica del Parque Natural de La Albufera incluido en el Término Municipal de Valencia)